Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bacon Breakfast Sandwich anyone?

Of the many ambrosial meals in my culinary arsenal, my Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich is perhaps the most tasted.  From everyone who has had one, I've had (within all modesty) nothing but compliments and the occasional encore.  One is usually constructed as followed unless it's requested otherwise.

I begin making the sandwich in seperate pieces starting with the bacon, then toast then eggs, since they cool off the fastest they'll be last.  To cut down on grease popping, I bake the bacon in a baking pan (one summer afternoon while cooking bacon on a stovetop, my cornea was assaulted by the burning grease, so cutting that down will certainly help me.)  Next while that is cooking, I toast the bread in a George Foreman Grill (don't judge.)  Next is the egg, cooked in a buttered pan with the yoke popped and seasoned with a sprinkle of seasoning salt, garlic salt, and black pepper.  I fold the egg's sides to make either an ovacular or rectangular shape to better fit on the toast.  The toast is takin out while the other side of the egg is cooking.  When the egg is cooked to the right extent (my cousin likes the yoke to be a little uncooked), it's put on the toast and iI check on the bacon periodically untill it's fully cooked.  When fully cooked, the bacon is patted dry and folded into a v shape and placed two to a sandwich.  Finally a sprinkle of cheese tops off the meal which should be eaten with orange juice or a clear soda (i.e. Sprite, Sierra Mist, Mountain Dew.)

No comments:

Post a Comment