Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bravery

Have you ever been soooooo afraid of something that you stop moving?  Well I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the plane I was supposed to be going on.  It wasn't like an airline plane, oh no.  It was a small, four-seater plane and the pilot was an old Tuskegee Airman, and though I was honored, I was a little doubtful.  However, my little 8 year old brother was beside me so I had to bite the bullet and hop in the seat.  At first I was calm and collected, but then it took off and elevated rapidly (faster than I was used to anyways).  I could feel my heart gasping for freedom from my chest.  After about 30 seconds, which felt like 30 hours, the plane calmed and so did I.  No longer was I afraid of flying on a plane, and I now want to go after the treacherous rollercoaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment